Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Parting Shot!

I am here at the Lima Airport for my final few hours in Peru (at least for now). What a great time I had traveling through the Andies. Over four weeks of travel, More than three of which I was either trekking or climbing in the mountains... 100 km plus of hiking and a new personal altitude record of 18,547 feet. Way shy of my goal but it will have to do for now. Just a great time in the Mountains and some awesome mountains at that. I will try to come back. Which is not hard since it is so cheap to travel here. I will leave you all with one of my favorite experiences of the trip. In Peru, on of the national delicacies is Cuy. a.k.a. guiney pig. Yes, thats right, those small fury rodents sometimes used as pets. Well here they eat them. And after ordering one I can´t for the life of me fiqure out why... from my tenative poking at the beast I could barely find a bite of meat. Even more repulsive is the fact that it is served with all bones and organs still attached. Notice the teeth in the center of the picture. You can´t see it but pieces of inner guts and hair also cover the thing as its served. Needless to say this was the last time I ever ordered Cuy! Hope you all enjoyed the blog.... Audios!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: