Monday, June 06, 2005

Ceviche

Ceviche is a national dish which consists of raw seafood bits marrinated in a spicey lime juice. This is our last meal in Cusco... A local American that now lives and works in Peru and Brazil as a peraglider showed us this off the beaten path resteraunt with the best ceviche. Austin had a flight with Richard earlier in the day. They had hoped to make it all the way to Cusco and land in the Ruins (which was about 40km away) but the absence of strong thermas allowed only a circular flight down the valley. We have been told that Lima has the best ceviche in the world. Tomorrow we are leaveing for Lima and may test this claim. At this time Austin will return to the US, and I hope to meet some climbers in Huaraz to do some routes.
I may miss the lazy days here in Cusco, but I am excited to see the Cordillera Blanca on Wendsday and get some air under my feet. I hope to be on a peak by Saturday. Between now an then I will travel to Huaraz, aquire some food, gear, and fuel and hike to Base camp in the range.

No comments: